The Cost of Duty
Ruins of Arkevey
- Arel’Haat: The centre of Arkevey, ruined streets and levelled buildings swallowed by the earth, the digs all surround the central building, known as the Senate. Most of the digs explore a labyrinthine tunnel system with chambers filled with broken relics.
- Tor’Eis: North, Tor’Eis is mostly just walls, sunk into the ground with time, the city was sacked following a long siege. The defenders lingered here as long as possible to prevent the refugees fleeing north being intercepted.
- Tor’Rag: North East, this city fell to bridge-breaker efforts and as such was destroyed utterly when the siege turned to be too costly, magic users and siege weapons were brought in force to demolish the city, which detonated in a nova of blue fire.
- An’Kot: East, the first Arkevey city to fall, captured and immediately settled by Bridgebreakers. The city has an outer modern ring, the old walls have been demolished as have many of the outer buildings. The centre of the city (now called Katos) is a recessed dig to the street level of the old city.
- Tor’Gog: South East, The site of the first battle for the empire, the united tribes faced a force a quarter of their size and were annihilated by the superior equipment and unorthodox tactics of the Arkevey solders. Following the collapse of Arkevey infrastructure, the city was destroyed by Veld themselves calling upon the gods.
- Tor’San: South, The last city to fall, Tor’San was encircled and besieged but little harm was done to anything save the walls. The defenders remained but lacked the will or command to attack. Eventually the Veld forces entered by force to find most of inhabitants had starved to death.
- Tor’Mar: South West, Later renamed the Falls of Artus following a climactic battle against the Anti-Veld factions. The city was ruined by the magic and godly powers used to defeat (or at least repel) the army of hundreds.
- An’She: West, a mostly unremarkable city, most of the buildings have fallen and leave nothing but low walls and footprints, but there is a central building which remains almost intact, inside of which was found a fully equipped armoury (since emptied).
- An’Lor: North West, the ruins on the surface have been leveled and taken away, leaving little behind but the outline where the buildings once stood and the shell of an outer wall. Efforts have been made to excavate the few underground structures which have been found.